On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:33:42 +0000
> From: robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [beanutils][digester] about time for a release?
>
> isn't it about time for new releases for beanutils and digester?

I went through last weekend and snuffed most of the bugs against these.  I
think we need to decide what to do about:

15067 [BeanUtils] BasicDynaBean, BasicDynaClass not Serializable
15170 [BeanUtils] BeanUtils.setProperty doesn't convert primitive wrappers

before finalizing a release plan.  In addition, there's some outstanding
enhancement requests:

 7135 [BeanUtils] Misleading error message ...
 7226 [BeanUtils] Nested bean collection
13098 [Digester] Digester performance
14848 [BeanUtils] ConvertUtils is not (thread)safe -- actually an
      issue of the static collections, not thread safety

and one change I don't think should be implemented, but I owe the reporter
a test case to prove that it would break many current Digester users:

12997 [Digester] Call the method as soon as the last parameter is
      encountered

> what needs doing and does anyone want to volunteer to act as release
> manager?
>
> - robert

Craig