Well, I've just started working on this myself. But I do have an
implementation as a Proof of Concept. There are some rules coded into it
that are specific to our architecture, and so far I have only used it
against a very simple object graph. My implementation really just needs to
show what the differences are (no requirement to generate a 'patch'), but
diff'ing an object graph is really nothing more than traversing the graph
and diff'ing each object. My differ at present just looks at simple
properties; support for diff'ing contained objects (whether as a simple
reference or as a collection) comes from a separate class that is
responsible for traversing the graph.

I'm all in favor of taking it from State.USEFUL_FOR_THIS_PROJECT to
State.GENERICLY_COOL !

Dave

                      "Ola Berg"

                      <ola.berg@ports.         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      se>                      cc:

                                               Subject: Re: [BeanUtils] Javabean diff?

                      01/31/2003 07:06

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to "Jakarta

                      Commons

                      Developers List"

My BeanDiffer as present don't have any support for neither graphs or
structural changes (like reorders of the same objects in arrays or other
aggregations). But having that would make BeanDiffer to go from
State.USEFUL_BUT_TRIVIAL to State.COOL.

/O