DoubleMetaphone also seems to be a port of CPAN Test-DoubleMetaphone-0.05.
So, I think both of Kyle's contributions are covered under artistic license.

I believe that Perl Artistic section 3a covers this:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/language/misc/Artistic.html, but in big bold red
letters, I am not a lawyer.  We do intend to modify the code.

--------
Tim O'Brien