On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 10:11 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 03:25 PM, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

Hey all,

So, what's the next step?  I think we need to fix or
at least document the remaining bugs, maybe figure out
how to structure the distribution.  Should we do an
official beta release now, or should we skip that step
and go right to RC?

My only big release concern at the moment is the state
of our dependencies.  Some of those dependencies (e.g.
Jexl) look like they are early beta.  Is it OK to
release Jelly with some beta dependencies, and if not
what are we going to do about it?
I'm working on the big problems in Jexl now - I would think that you have to just go with it as beta until they are resolved.
i think that it'd be ok to go with a jexl beta providing that it was a proper beta release rather than just a SNAPSHOT.

on the subject of dependencies, i've just finished beanutils 1.6.1 which (hopefully) should work ok with jelly and so you shouldn't need to rely on a beanutils SNAPSHOT.

- robert