GUMP, by design, doesn't really have the ability to
build against particular versions of a library.  So go
ahead and make your changes, and yes the GUMP build
will break until a developer interested in the quartz
tags fixes them.  It might be a good idea for such a
developer to prepare an alpha release of the tags to
tide folks over while Quartz is in flux.

- Morgan

--- James House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are the Jelly folks listening?  Does anyone care? --
> if no one speaks
> up, you can probably expect the GUMP build of
> Jelly-Tags to start in the
> next week or two.
>
> james
>

> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 10:53, James House wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm the lead developer of the Quartz project
> > (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/quartz).
> >
> > Currently Quartz is building nightly as part of
> the GUMP process,
> > because a few Jakarta projects depend on it -
> Jelly is one them. (see
> > the org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.quartz package).
> >
> > Over on the Quartz side of things, we're getting
> ready to start serious
> > development of a new release that will most likely
> not be 100% backward
> > compatible with the current builds.  This will
> obviously create the
> > potential for build problems with Jelly.
> >
> > I'm curious as to whether the Jelly developer(s)
> responsible for the
> > jelly.tags.quartz package want to track my
> changes, or whether you'd
> > rather start building against a release version of
> Quartz (i.e. a fixed
> > Jar file), rather than a nightly build of Quartz.
> I'm willing to work
> > with you either way.  I'll also be sending a
> similar e-mail to the
> > Turbine folks.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James