Let's say it's "stabilizing". The code there is also slated for 2.0 of Apache XML-RPC. We have been the most recent project to work on that code, but are coordinating with the HttpClient team on agreeing on the API. The API is probably not stable as of now, but I'd love to see your ideas on it.

The code has been examined quite closely for RFC compliance and performance, so I would suggest using the Codec Base64 implementation for that reason anyway.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Gary Gregory wrote:

Hello All,

What is the status of Sandbox-Commons-Codec?

I see in the current HTTPClient (2.0 Alpha) Javadoc that Codec will be used
in HTTPC 2.1. Is Codec stable? I am looking for a Base64 implementation and
an API change in a deeply buried Xerces base64 impl is making me look for a
implementation which is more 'public' or in a 'higher' level
package/component.

Thanks,

Gary