That's fine.

So ProxyMap is special, all ProxyMap implementations should be
package-private and available through a MapUtils class and can have
constructors which take a collection as copy-by-reference as it's not a
public API?

So, SequencedHashMap would be deprecated and removed, and
MapUtils.sequencedMap(Map) added?

Hen