I see no problem with using just 1 package org.apache.commons.collections. Sub-packages are not needed and violate the "package is the unit of release" principle.

David

From: Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [collections] XxxUtils inner classes
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:52:35 -0500 (EST)

So do we move to a structure in which each Utils class has its own package?

org.apache.commons.collections.CollectionsUtils, which also contains
Collection implementations and Collection features [the package-scoped
classes which hide inside CollectionUtils].

org.apache.commons.collections.bag.BagUtils, and Bag interface, and Bag
implementations etc.

org.apache.commons.collections.map.MapUtils ...

and so on?

Hen