Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:32:26 -0400
From: Steven Caswell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [beanutils] extending BasicDynaBean with toString, equals,
    and hashCode

I've written an extended dynabean class that extends (actually, wraps)
BasicDynaBean to add toString and equals. The toString method uses
commons.lang.ToStringBuilder to build the toString, and
commons.lang.EqualsBuilder to perform the equals comparison. I know it needs
hashCode, I just haven't taken the time to add it yet.

Is there any interest in having this class donated to commons-beanutils?

Conceptually, I like the idea.  My only concern is that it would introduce
a dependency on commons-lang that does not currently exist in beanutils.

Steven Caswell

Craig

-- :) Christoph Reck