No.  Jakarta-commons is still a project in its own right.

> Does the Jakarta PMC or anyone else need to be cc:ed on this request?

Yes [the Jakarta PMC].

> We generally need the appropriate pmc cc:ed on a request, and to an
> un-jakarta-trained eye, it looks like the jakarta pmc.

Correct.  Note though that I'd like to see this discussed on infrastructure@
aswell, since this seems like a new 'sandbox' idea that previously was shot
down by several people on community@ (or was it reorg@).  We already have the
committers cvs module, which is rw to all.

Sander