--- Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's all well and nice until a request fires a condition where it
> doesn't
> close the connection and takes down the server or makes all requests
> fail due
> to an exhausted pool. Which can only be fixed on the short term by a
> webserver restart. Which is what a sysadmin will due, report it in a log
> and
> the root cause doesn't get fixed.

If one of your apps can take down your whole server, nothing we could do
in DBCP will help you.  Not closing connections is one of many bugs that
can occur in an application and the prevention of those bugs is not DBCP's
responsibility.  The detection and notification of lost connections should
be DBCP's responsibility to speed debugging.

David