I think we've had this discussion before.

But I'll weigh in with my 2c again because I still feel strongly about it..

Craig says:

> I do not believe there is any fundamentally sound algorithm that a
> connection pool can use to detect when a connection has truly been
> "abandoned" and is thereby suitable for recovery.  And, grabbing back
> connections that are actually in use is *much* worse than leaking them,
> because you immediately break an application that is currenty executing,
> in ways that are very unpredictable, hard to reproduce, and basically
> impossible to recover from.

I agree.

IMO It is fundamentally better to let leaks result in the problems associated with
leaks (run out of connections) than to replace a set of known, quantifiable and
understood symptoms with Mystery and Confusion.

d.