> I use windows port of SSH (by Gorden Chaffee, ssh-1.2.14-win32bin.zip)
> with windows port of cvs. CVS and ssh work fine but I fail to do scp.

I'm not familiar with that port, but from the little that I have found it
seems to be ancient and out-of-date.  Have you considered installing the
cygwin port of OpenSSH?  Personally, I use either MindTerm or SSH.

> Maybe the reason is that with scp I did not find a way to specify my
> cvs.apache.org username (atagunov), while my login name here at Win2K
> is different.

  scp -i <path-to-private-key> ...

or

  scp <file> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:<file>

In Craig's case, it turn out to be a file permissions issue.

        --- Noel