"Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> For what  it's worth, I've been  making the proposed change  (to use a
> local  copy of  LICENSE.txt instead  of "../LICENSE")  in  the Commons
> packages that I  deal with.  It makes the process  of checking out and
> building individual packages much easier,  at the (small enough to not
> matter, IMHO) cost of having to update the copyright year in one extra
> file per package.

Well, be aware that it's impossible to build commons-lang and commons-el
directly  from the  downloaded sources  because of  LICENSE file  is not
where ant think it would be (and not the same name).

As  the Debian  maintainer of  the commons-lang,  I had  to patch  it to
build. So the minimum I can do is to give you a feed back with the patch
;)

Cheers,

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.