Tim Anderson wrote:
On the subject of logging, are there any plans to implement
SQL traces? I have a hacked copy of dbcp which I used
to help track down a deadlock. If there's any interest,
I'll clean it up and submit it.

I think the sense moving forward is that DBCP will remain only a pooling implementation, and leave other responsibilities to other libraries.

The open source mac-daddy of SQL tracing is at www.p6spy.com. Great for tracking deadlocks and slow spots. There's even a recent add-on that will analyze all the SQL tracing and suggest indexes for tables.

--
Serge Knystautas
President