> Do not use broken code for production, but it must be possible to solve
> without broken pool.

What utopia do you live in?  I think it would be a close approximation
to say that every piece of software in production use in the world today
has bugs.  And it is not a broken pool that allows the admin to set an
idle timeout for connections anymore than it is a broken db that allows
the same thing.  You can keep calling it broken or crap, but your
opinion does not matter much to me, have you contributed any code to
dbcp, do you use it?  I certainly hope not in production because its
broken according to you.

john mcnally