Leo Sutic wrote:

From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As a warning, my concerns would be the speed of passage through the sandbox. You need to think if you have a community to maintain this in commons proper, and whether people have had enough time to review it.

My understanding was that I needed to go to commons proper
before even sending out an alpha release. This put me in

If you use the Major.Minor.Maintenance numbering scheme you can avoid -initially- calling your software alpha/beta etc ... It would be 0.4.0 developer release, limited release, general release, ie Alpha, Beta, Gamma/Production quality. It avoids the stigma that comes with the label Alpha. Also I believe it also avoids the version inflation that happens, version 1.0 - 3.0 in 6 months or less.

-Rob