On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> From: "Henri Yandell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > So, without further ado, I'll repeat my call for a VOTE last May.
>
> From what I'm reading, a release makes sense, but what is this group's
> policy regarding making changes during the vote?  I know that it is just a
> bit of cleanup (a few wholely appropriate method renames, and improved
> javadocs).

There's a 2_0 tag on the CVS which represents the release material, so
continued development shouldn't affect that.

The last change for 2.0 that wasn't a javadoc change, or related to the
release process was on Thursday night, when a unreleased method was
renamed.

There have been 2.1/3.0 commits in terms of improvement to the Maven
files.

What I've been doing since the Thursday night tagging was to cvs tag the
javadoc-fixed files to 2_0 [after checking the change was 'harmless'], but
I know this is a bit of a hackish approach. With the couple of cvs commits
we've had since the call for a vote, I was planning to add them onto the
tag as well.

With all the slowness on the Apache servers due to the virus [took 3 hours
for the VOTE to actually arrive in my inbox], I've been figuring I'd leave
the VOTE open for a -1 until Monday night EST.

Hen