Hi!

Here is the patch that adds stringToLong(String str), stringToLong(String str, long), stringToDouble(String str) and stringToDouble(String str, double), testcases are also included.

I have also improved the testcase for stringToFloat(String).

Hopefully I managed to get the diff right. I had to remove several lines by hand because of differences in the indentation (space vs tabs?). Is there any document that describes what codestyle commons-lang is supposed to use?