Henri Yandell wrote:

Hopefully I managed to get the diff right. I had to remove several lines
by hand because of differences in the indentation (space vs tabs?). Is
there any document that describes what codestyle commons-lang is
supposed to use?

In the long term, a maven site and checkstyle might enforce this, but in real terms the codestyle to use is the same as the nearest neighbour.

Since I haven't used maven yet, will it still be possible to build with ant only?

So if you're adding a method to NumberUtils, follow the style of
NumberUtils. If you're adding a new class to lang.time, follow the style
of a core class in lang.time. If you're adding a new package, you should
have a good general feel for the style already :)

> Basic rules of working on a community codebase I guess.

I used the same codestyle this time as for my previous patch to NumberUtils. When creating the diff for my previous patch I didn't have any problem with the indentation so I guess that the codestyle for the class changed when Phil commited it... :)

There are some basic concepts in the DESIGN-GUIDE file which state how
XxxUtils classes should be, and there is a checkstyle.xml in there, if you
know how to read that.

No, I don't know how checkstyle.xml works, but it never too late to learn... I'll have a look at them and try to create a codestyle for my IDE.