I like it ... but I still really like the <implementation> idea.

It makes the XML parsing somewhat easier if the two types of contributions are
distinct (they're
content is completely different and I will have to differentiate by the presense of an
attribute).

With or without <implementation>, this is probably the most sensible option we've seen.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components