I just didn't list out the other primitive types (boolean, long, double, etc.)

<service-id/> would be the constructed service's id, as a string, alternative to
<construct
service-id-property="..."/>

<service service-id="..."/> would be a reference to some other service, analagous to
<set-service
property="..." service-id="..."/>

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship