On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:06:37AM -0800, Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> >  - class Predicates: Predicates utility methods
> >
> > public static Or or(Collection predicates);
> > public static And and(Collection predicates);
> >
> > As there is no constructor for Or/And predicates with a collection as
> > parameter, these methods provide a way to get them.
>
> Sounds like a good idea, although I'm having trouble coming up with a
> reason why we just wouldn't make these methods of Or and And directly?

I did that not to modify the existing ones. And moreover not to modify
the way it is (should?) be handled, that is: OR is a binary operation so
you need to compose several ORs that are "ORed" together to build an
n-ary OR. I am not sure I said it clearly enough. Maybe that's a proof
that my arguments are not relevant after all. What do you think of it ?

> >  - class WhileDoProcedure: loop procedure
> >
> > The constructor takes a condition (Predicate) and an action (Procedure).
> > The run() method loops, each time testing the condition and running the
> > action.
> >

> >  - class WhileDoProcedure: loop procedure
> >
> > Same as above but the running the action and then test the condition.
> >
> > Note: the two last classes extend AbstractLoopProcedure
>
> Sounds good as well.  I assume one of these is not named "WhileDo",
> perhaps the latter is DoWhile?

You're right, it's a typo. The latter is named DoWhile.

> > Obviously, I will provide everything with complete Javadoc support and
> > test cases whenever it is relevant.
> >

> Great.  Feel free to submit patches to the dev list.

I will.

..and I have a ForLoopProcedure also. I will put Javadoc comments on it
as well just in case.

Herve