i think that only the source code needs to be licensed in this way. (i don't recall seeing licenses on package documentation before.)

BTW if you're thinking of doing full releases then you might find the following wiki page of interest. http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager

- robert

On 12 Nov 2003, at 19:06, Gary Gregory wrote:

The prepare releases page saya: "Make sure that there is a complete Apache
Software License at the top of each source file".

Should I also include the license in the various package.html files?

Strictly speaking I would say so, but I have not seen this done other places
like [lang].

Thanks,
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 16:39
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [codec] Release mechanics?

--- Gary Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tim,

I have a [vote] request message prepared for posting... but, I notice
that
previous similar vote request messages include a pointer to a
"~username"
URL with the content of the RC build.

For example: "The source for this release candidate has been tagged as
PRIMITIVES_1_0_RC1 and is available for download at
<http://cvs.apache.org/~rwaldhoff/commons-primitives/RC1/>."

I do not have such a ~ cubby hole, should I request one? How shall I
proceed?

You do if you have an Apache email address. Login to cvs.apache.org (it
has several other names as well) and create a public_html directory under
your home directory. You can look at my setup (dgraham) as an example if
you like. I use this document for preparing releases:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/index.html

David

Thanks, Gary