Paul Libbrecht wrote:
Mark R. Diggory wrote:

I removed instances of this Logging entry in an earlier commit. I think awhile back there was allot of discussion about if this should throw an exception or return NaN. The origin of this exception is a Convergence Exception in ContinuedFraction. The big question is the same as before, should this convergence exception be passed out and handled by the application or should it be suppressed internally the way it is here?

As a developer I would like to get it configurable. But I guess I'd be hated by people of requesting so...

Returning NaN is almost certain to raise some exception later, or ?

Paul

That sounds kinda cynical ;-)

My ultimate sentiment is to just get it passed on out and let the application manage exceptions dealing with non-convergence. Maybe thats the simplest possible comprimise? Then the user can decide what they will do when convergence fails instead of having the application suppress the exception and force them to test for NaN conditions all the time?

-M.

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer