On observing some of the programming activity on this list, I find that classes are moved around -- respectably speaking, refactored -- into other packages quite generously. I would like to know what the general guidelines to this are, especially I mean, where do you draw the line. And with special view on backward-compatibility, what is the guiding principle here?

I ask this is special relevance to lang, collections and primitives, but the question applies to any others within the commons framework as well.

Ash