Phil Steitz wrote:
__matthewHawthorne wrote:

Instead of removing it, is it possible to modify the test to "expect" the failure? I'm not familiar with the test or class that you're speaking of, but sometimes it's nice to keep tests like this around.

Maybe catch an expected RuntimeException, or change an assertTrue to an assertFalse, etc.?

The problem is that the test case testNestedBroken in o.a.c.l.enum.EnumTest is expecting "broken" behavior which does not occur under (Sun Linux) jdk 1.4.2. There is not much else in the test case. That's why I suggested removing it.

Phil

Ah, now I understand. Since it's such a specific test, you're probably right, it makes sense to remove it. Either that, or perhaps you could use SystemUtils to only run the test if it's on the expected version and platform.