  From: Emmanuel Bourg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:28 AM
  To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
  Subject: Re: [VOTE] Promote Configuration to Commons Proper

  robert burrell donkin wrote:

  > i did happen to notice that some of the licenses have copyright ending
  > in 2002.

  Actually the copyright doesn't end in 2002 but starts in 2002, it's then
  valid for the lifetime of the author plus a minimum of 50 years after
  his death according to the Berne Convention.

  You are right though that some content submitted or modified this year
  doesn't have a copyright assigned in 2003.

  Emmanuel Bourg