Yes, in order to verify that the code doesn't use any 1.2+ code I found that
you have to also use bootclasspath={path to jdk1.1.8 classes.zip}

There were a couple of other instances:
use of ArrayLists in VMSFTPEntryParser and in ExtendedNNTPOps.java
in the examples section.

I cleaned all of these up and committed them.  In the case of the ArrayList in
VMSFTPEntryParser, it did not work to change the file container to a Vector.
This code was calling a method in ORO that returned a Collection, also not
JDK1.1 compatible.  Since the older ORO method that returned a Vector had
been deprecated, I looked at what it was doing, which was simply splitting a
string on a comma.  This was an overkill use of ORO, easily replicated with a
StringTokenizer.

Talk about a stroll down memory lane!