I am happy to provide whatever assistance necessary on the HttpClient
side. I think I could also offer my +0.5 in terms of contributing MIME
specific code.

Taking this opportunity, allow me to suggest MIME related classes be
folded into Commons-Codec instead of being spawned as a separate
project. MIME classes would inevitably require several codecs (Base64
and quote-printable encoding at the very least) to be of any use in
applications targeting international audience, primarily due to the fact
that per definition non-ASCII characters in MIME headers must be
escaped. That makes me believe that a lot of projects that require
Commons-MIME would also benefit from Commons-Codec and visa versa. I
understand that there will be users who would prefer finer granularity
in Commons projects, but in this particular case they should not
represent the majority.

Oleg