Hmm. Seems there are a few areas of focus here that it would be good to clarify.

1.) Mime-types

Maintaining mappings for mimetypes.

2.) Multipart Mime Codecs

Maintaining Multipart Encoding in the various multipart mimetypes.

3.) Architecture

Providing datastructures for efficient processing of Multipart content with java.io (Files, Readers/Writers and Input/OutputStreams).

Anything else?

-Mark