Yep, [convert] exists in the sandbox and I've been moving forward with it
in my usual way, which means I find a way to use it in some non-apache
project of mine and just see how it goes. I've got it attached to two
projects, but it's not being used in anger in them yet.

The code is based on the beanutils code, with a new lookup mechanism. I'm
happy to mentor any further work on it, so you won't get abandoned without
the ability to add patches etc.

Hen