On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Phil Steitz wrote:

> Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> > Ah, this question is interesting.
> >
> > I recently removed the dependency on the ../project.xml in Jelly
> > because I think checking out a module should produce free-standing  things.
> > Before being a commons-committer, I always patched the project.xml so
> > as to get rid of the project inheritance (which is only for a handful
> > of ownership information for the website anyways).
>
> These are good points. I would be +1 for doing this for [math].

-1

This seems like a bad idea to me. The whole point of doing this was to get
some consistency across Commons components. Remember that Commons is ONE
Jakarta subproject.  It is not, and was never intended to be, a bunch of
independent projects. As such, it should have a consistent build system,
and a consistent web site. That is not going to happen if all of the
components start breaking away from the commonality we have managed to
introduce so far.

--
Martin Cooper