> This change would require the project.xml's for each project in both the
> jakarta-commons and jakarta-commons-sandbox to have its extends tag
> adjusted and any relative references to "commons-site" files adjusted.

Well, I am not supposed to give a vote, but I want to remark that such a
structure will also allow you to define external global entities in your
(Maven) xml files, that can be inherited from the global commons-site
project and you might write later on something like:

<!ENTITY  dep-commons-logger-SNAPSHOT  SYSTEM
"file:../commons-site/entities/dep-commons-logger-SNAPSHOT.entity">
<!ENTITY  dep-commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT  SYSTEM
"file:../commons-site/entities/dep-commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT.entity">

<dependencies>
        &dep-commons-logger-SNAPSHOT;
        &dep-commons-jelly-SNAPSHOT;
</dependencies>

You might do this also for developers or anything else, e.g. in our local
project we split the site.jsl in this way:

So you might gain a lot more with the new structure as originally thought :)

Regards,
Jörg