Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Is this a debate about whether commons is one project or many? I had thought
that there was general agreement to unify the commons site's look and feel.
Maybe I was wrong.

I'm not going to argue about it either, thats fruitless. But, unifying the look and feel doesn't mean everything looks like its one great big singular project... I think of Commons as Modular Components, There should be some clear boundary between them in terms of the site structure.

My solution to the problem you describe is to add extra links to the top part of the navigation. Overview User guide Examples FAQ Javadoc Team list TODO CVS

The standard maven part then follows. I certainally don't want to lose a
large proportion of the content area to navigation as well.

This is whats currently there, the stuff I'm doing is experimental. I expect it'll go through many incarnations and will only be used if we reach a consensus on it. Not to worry, I won't be going in and suddenly replacing what we've done upto now with the demo I showed.

If you want to distinguish between project and leaving-project links on the left, then we should use colours to theme the areas.

Thats a good point and something we can easily do right now without major "ripples".

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer