Robert Burrell Donkin did the initial implementation of this menus.dtd for the Betwixt site. (the current main site also uses it and the sandbox components I mavenized as well)

I like the way you can put the "About Us" section above the
"Commons DBCP" without any special scripting.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

Another advantage is that you can use/reuse different menus between the main site and a component site.
For example the "View CVS" and "Download" menus are usefull on the main site but on the DBCP site they aren't. There you have a specific downloads page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/downloads.html

-- Dirk

Henri Yandell wrote:
Heh. Looks like Dirk created/moved the menus.dtd the other day.

Any reason why we should be using menus.dtd Dirk?

Betwixt, Pool, Launcher and DBCP are using it.

Hen