Maybe it should be organized more along the following lines?

o.a.c.m.stat.probability...
o.a.c.m.stat.univariate...
o.a.c.m.stat.multivariate...
o.a.c.m.stat.inference...

I'm not very picky about these names, either, as I'm not a
probability/statistics person, as I said before.  If others like the above,
that's fine by me.

I like inference better than test, since it is broader (e.g. would make a natural home for confidence intervals) but I don't like probability since it is IMHO too broad for its contents, which are just probability distributions. I also do not buy the argument that people will think that /src/java/o/a/c/m/stat/distribution contains binaries or some such.

Phil

Al