Pierre Auslander wrote:
Gents,

would it be of any interest to contribute sparse matrices (with iterative decomposition, solvers, etc.) to commons.math?

Some time ago I've implemented such a library in C++, using iterative algorithms. It allowed us to handle very large sparse matrices (e.g. 100'000 by 100'000 correlation matrices used in risk management) in record space and time. I need now a Java version and think of translating the library and possibly contributing it to jakarta/commons.

I think that this would make a good addition to commons-math (post 1.0).

Phil