On 5 Apr 2004, at 00:42, Simon Kitching wrote:

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 08:37, robert burrell donkin wrote:
as far as i'm concerned the major issue with a 1.6 is (and has been for
a while) finding a release manager. craig and i have different views on
who's eligible for this role. you might prefer craig's view's to mine
in this case.

I plan to follow your advice. I would like to find someone on the PMC who is willing to act as the release manager if I volunteer to do all the donkey-work. I don't feel comfortable being the release manager myself as I've never been involved in a jakarta project release before. I hope that it won't be too hard to find an appropriate person.

craig's an apache member (as well as a jakarta pmc member). if he's around and thinks that a new digester release is a good idea then he's better than most people you'll find on general so why not ask him...?

- robert