Hi,
If we go down this path, Paul please make sure the main log4j build
doesn't depend on VFS, only Chainsaw.  I have full faith in Mario and
his VFS-related ideas (I like them and look forward to seeing them), but
with lo4j 1.3 alpha really close I don't want to add another dependency
to the log4j core, especially an immature/less tested component like
VFS.

I'm cc'ing log4j-dev but let's continue this discussion in one place,
e.g. here ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

(ie
>>the usual ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file etc)
>>

>This should work too - but i will test this again.
>Another problem here is the fact, that it is not easily possible to
find
>the location of the key-files on the client side - the current code
>tries to figure out some places:
>1) check "vfs.ftp.sshdir" system-property
>2) check "user.home"/.ssh
>3) check c:\\cygwin\\home\\"user.name"\\.ssh
>
>I DEFINITELY WILL CHANGE THIS.
>I know from some old communication between the original authors and me,
>that they never ever wanted to use system-properties - all has to be
>configured by the application.
>In the past it was a problem to send some configuration to the
>filessystem - now it is not.
>
>>That's all I can think of for now.  If anyone is interested in trying
out
>>the current stable version of Chainsaw
>>
>I currently use the cvs-head version of chainsaw2 (and a patched
>commons-logging). The chainsaw stuff was motivation enough to change
our
>complete custom loggin solution to commons-logging with log4j as
backend.
>Keep on going !!!
>
>-- Mario

and notify the sender.  Thank you.