> That's my concern. If collections releases 3.0, we can't just roll a
new
> "commons-all" jar without testing that projects like beanutils or
> digester work with this new collections release. But how on earth do
we
> do that? It seems to me that the unit tests for every project that
> depends upon the newly released project would need to be run - at the
> very least - in order to provide any guarantees that the "commons-all"
> release is stable. Does the "combo" project do this? If not, is it
> really the kind of release that Jakarta wants to put its name to?

Some of the testing might be alleviated if each project optionally
delivered a commons-[project]-tests.jar. The trick would be to figure
out how to invoke all of the tests in such a jar from another build.xml
or Maven build file. Maybe there could be a standard target in a
build.xml that could be called from another build.xml. Seems tricky...

Gary