From: Chuck Daniels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 8:55 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: RE: [lang] Equalator?

I suggest you simply implement the Comparator interface since it is a
"superset" of your suggested Equalator interface.  Therefore, I would
implement your MetaphoneEqualator as EncodingComparator.  The class name
prefix is changed from Metaphone to Encoding since you are not actually
comparing Metaphones, but rather two encodings produced by a single
Metaphone.  More generally, you are actually comparing two encodings
produced by a single Encoder: