Edelson, Justin wrote:

I'm writing a few classes that currently implement Comparator, but I
really don't care about comparisons - I just want to use an object to
test equality, ergo Equalator. Does such an interface exist somewhere in
lang (I can't find anything similar).

We have a simiar interface in [configuration], that's ConfigurationComparator, it defines a simple compare(conf1, conf2) method returning a boolean. I'm not quite satisfied with the name since it leads to think it inherits the java.util.Comparator interface. An Equalator interface in [lang] could be a good replacement.

Emmanuel Bourg