I need to clarify a detail I didn't fully grok when we started this discussion. When the a Serializable class has an Abstract parent class that isn't serializable, that class needs to have a default no-arg constructor such that it can be instantiated. The solution to this is to maintain "implements Serializable" on the underlying Abstract parent, this is much simpler and more logical then writing default constructors for all the parent classes and it is considerably much easier to maintain. With this in mind we need to maintain implements Serializable on many our Abstract classes whose full implementations we want to maintain serialization on, I overlooked this on much of my previous Univariate work because those classes all use noarg constructors, when I removed serializable from the underlying Abstract classes, they were still functionaly serializable because they met this requirement. When working with the anaysis classes (which do not maintain no-arg constructors) I encountered the correct serialization errors which should be expected when this requirement is not maintained.

-Mark