On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:28:13 -0700, Ben Anderson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to this list, and developer tasks in Apache projects.  I found a bug in
> jelly's forEach tag, which is not conformant to jstl.  I've tried to fix it and
> am close (I think), but it's not functioning exactly as I suspected it would.
> Maybe someone could offer some help.  I want to check the specific process for
> this.  Should I enter a bug in bugzilla?  I can then post my patch there?
> Also, I've added a couple of files(tests).  Do I just append these?  Somethine
> like:

You should post your patch in JIRA:

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10012

> $cvs diff  -u > site.patch
> $echo "src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/core/TestForEachTag.java" >> site.patch
> $cat src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/core/TestForEachTag.java >> site.patch
> $echo "src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/core/testForEachTag.jelly" >>site.patch
> $cat src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/core/testForEachTag.jelly >> site.patch

Why are you adding whole files to the patch? There should be a diff
option for new files.

> also, like I said this patch isn't complete.  What I'm doing is creating an

Failing test cases make this easier. If you can show how it doesn't
work, and how the fixes are removing the failures, you'll get a dialog
going.

> anonymous inner class and setting that in the context.  The jelly script
> recognizes the object, but doesn't proper evaluate it's methods:
> <!-- this evaluates correctly -->
> <j:out value="${myClass.class}"/>
>
> <!-- the class contains a method getProp1()
>      but it isn't evaluating correctly -->
> <j:out value="${myClass.prop1}"/>
>
> I'm thinking this may have something to do with it being an anonymous inner
> class.  Eyeballing my patch would be much easier than me explaining here, so I
> won't go into much detail.  I'm just curious as to the next step I should take.

Show us the failures....