Gary Gregory wrote:
1st minor: there are a bunch of unnecessary type-casts, I'd like to
remove those if no one objects. For example, in MutableInteger, this
cast to long is superfluous:

    public long longValue() {
        return (long) value;
    }

That sounds right, perhaps these casts were just an oversight.

2nd: There is no MutableNumber class. It seems to me that the mutable
number classes are paralle to java.lang.Number classes and should
therefore also be subclasssed from a MutableNumber.

Originally, there was such a class, but after some analysis and refactoring, it wasn't really doing anything and was nominated for removal. However, I understand your point. If MutableNumber were to be resurrected, it would serve only as a marker interface. I'm fine with that.