Paul Libbrecht wrote:

Le 2 nov. 04, à 21:04, Brett Porter a écrit :

are you sure it isn't jellydoc?

Yes.

Ok, I'll try it and find out why.

this was "corrected" in maven by adding:
maven.jar.javadoc=${java.home}/lib/tools.jar

But this is not done in maven-1.0, is that correct ?

No. It existed in the repo at that point in time I believe.

Then it's a known bug and someone should succeed without this javadoc-1.3.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Jelly's site generate should succeed without it? I'll have to see where it is failing.

This business of manually installed non-downloadable jars is quite delicate. I wonder how much of this would be helped by good practice on making a special repository, between ibiblio and each users' local repo, that contains these.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't think we have any alternatives for the Sun JARs at this point.

Thanks,
Brett