Matt Sgarlata wrote:

> Richard Sitze wrote:

> >            info(Class callingClass,
> >                 String methodName,
> >                 String messageID);

> I don't understand why the calling class and method name are included.

Probably because the overhead of getting them from the stack trace might be
a tad on the brutal side.

I suspect I know why you added the defaultMessage parameter, but I'd avoid
it in order to force programmers to start using message bundles.  Otherwise
they won't, which won't facilitate localization.

IBM's goal with their proposal is to support/require localization, introduce
improved consistency in behavior, and support additional emerging logging
requirements in the Java community.  Nothing says that there can't be better
ways to achieve their goals, which are certainly worth looking at, and we
should make sure to invite the Logging PMC to do so with us.

        --- Noel