Brian Oxley wrote:
[A quick meta-question: is this list the right place for technical questions of this sort? I don't want to spam the uninterested.]
commons-dev - where else if not here ;-)) You are welcome.
(why is it not LocalFileObject, BTW? I'm a nit for consistency.)
You are right, but I dont know why.
I was hoping to simply extend LocalFile and override the few spots that differed (such as supporting attributes).
There was already a messy in the used signatures, so I decided to change the all filesystem-classes accordingly to allow better reusability.
The next nightly or a cvs checkout should allow you to override the needet classes.

Hope this helps.
Ciao,
Mario