<shameless-plug>

The Morph framework (morph.sourceforge.net) supports either syntax out-of-the box. Morph had its first beta release yesterday.

For a comparison of Morph to JEXL, see http://morph.sourceforge.net/alternatives/jexl.html

For a comparison of Morph to BeanUtils, see
http://morph.sourceforge.net/alternatives/beanutils.html

</shameless-plug>

Matt

marc & lan wrote:
Hi.
This message is for jexl and beanutils folks.
I'm using both of them, as many people I presume.
Both of them share _almost_ the same syntax but for mapped access.
Jexl uses square brackets as "bean.map[key]" and beanUtils uses parentheses "bean.map(key)"
To my opinion it could be a good idea to extends jexl to uses also beanutils parentheses syntax.

What are you thinking about this ?

Marc DeXeT